Missouri Postcards and Photos
Click on an Image to See the Next Postcard

MO011450.jpg

Old Cathedral
St Louis

This 1957 view shows the Third Street Expressway (Route 66) passing the Old Cathedral. The church was completed in 1834. In 1961, Pope John the 23rd designated the cathedral as a basilica. The Old Cathedral was the only building left standing when the riverfront was cleard for the Jefferson Expansion Memorial.
To Make Comments or Report Errors
Click Here To Send An E-Mail