Missouri Postcards and Photos
Click on an Image to See the Next Postcard

MO013200.jpg

12th Street
St Louis

The Hotel Jefferson on 12th Street (now Tucker) opened on May 1, 1904, just in time to house guests for the the World's Fair. It originally had 350 rooms, expanded to 800 in 1927. The last guest checked out on February 25, 1975. It most recently provided housing for seniors, but has since closed and redevelopement plans fell through due to the recession.
To Make Comments or Report Errors
Click Here To Send An E-Mail