Missouri Postcards and Photos
Click on an Image to See the Next Postcard

MO021000.jpg

Hi Pointe Standard Service
St Louis

This landmark sign was erected at the Hi-Pointe Standard Station in 1932. It was 70 feet tall, with 5,600 lamps and 2,900 feet of neon tubing. It was used by pilots as a beacon. The orignial sign was replaced with an equally large Plexiglass sign that read "Standard" in 1961. It was changed to Amoco in 1985. The station is now branded as BP, but the landmark sign remains. The station was operated by L.C. "Steve" Stevenson from 1951 to 1994.
To Make Comments or Report Errors
Click Here To Send An E-Mail