Missouri Postcards and Photos
Click on an Image to See the Next Postcard

MO024950.jpg

Goetz Nursery
Crestwood

Otto and Alice Goetz opened a flower shop in St Louis in 1924. It was destroyed by the 1927 tornado so they opened Goetz Nursery on Manchester Road, original Route 66. They moved to this location in 1933, the same year Route 66 relocated to Watson Road. There was a spring (now covered) on the property that pumped 100 gallons of water per hour. The property was abandoned before local developer J.G. Grewe constructed Crestwood Square in 1990.
To Make Comments or Report Errors
Click Here To Send An E-Mail