Missouri Postcards and Photos
Click on an Image to See the Next Postcard

MO034300.jpg

Lambert Field

The original Lambert Field terminal opened in 1933, facing Linbergh on the north side of the airport. The "Union Station of the Air" could could handle four planes at once. When it opened, there were no runways, just a grass field and concrete taxiways to the terminal. This terminal was replaced in 1956, and torn down in 1979.
To Make Comments or Report Errors
Click Here To Send An E-Mail