Missouri Postcards and Photos
Click on an Image to See the Next Postcard

MO048720.jpg

Route 66
St. Clair

This card shows the new four-lane at the interchange with Missouri 47. Signs directed motorists "To St. Clair - go underneath the bridge, and make two right turns". The town was originally known as Traveler's Repose, until residents got tired of being mistaken for a cemetery. It was re-named for a resident Frisco Railroad civil engineer in 1859.
To Make Comments or Report Errors
Click Here To Send An E-Mail