Missouri Postcards and Photos
Click on an Image to See the Next Postcard

MO049210.jpg

Ozark Cafe
St. Clair

The Ozark Café was part of the large Ozark Court complex, built about 1930. It was owned by a fellow with the last name of Duke, a retired St Louis police officer. Duke was the local justice of the peace. With his two deputies, he created a speed trap, and his own "kangaroo court" to collect the fines. Most of the complex burned down, but for many years, the very attractive sign with a deer on it still stood. The sign is now gone.
To Make Comments or Report Errors
Click Here To Send An E-Mail