Missouri Postcards and Photos
Click on an Image to See the Next Postcard

MO049480.jpg

Lewis Cafe
St. Clair

In 1938, Virgil Lewis established his café with seven stools and seven booths, and offering 'ho-made" pie. The café expanded next door in 1966. Virgil's nephew, Fred Short, and his wife, Marie, ran it from 1973 to 1995, when their son, Chris, took over. The Lewis Café is still a landmark, known for it fine beef raised on the family farm.
To Make Comments or Report Errors
Click Here To Send An E-Mail