|
The first terminal at Lambert Field was built in 1933 along Route 66. The "Union Station of the Air" could handle four planes at once, and was criticized as being too large. The "Condor", shown in this photo was built at the Curtiss-Wright Lambert Field factory. A new terminal opened in 1956, and this structure was torn down in 1979.
|